Koodo Community
Question

text message info

• 7 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Good morning, my question is, How does someone get information from my test messages. Not my message in its self. Detailed information in my phone number? Knowing what kind iPhone I have. Let’s say I set text message to iCloud to someone can they track me by my phone number.   Thank you in advance 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would need you to put your questions in clearer words so we can try and help you out here.

When I send someone text can they see what kind iPad I have. I go into Settings , General, About. . there it tells me about what I have. 

Can he do something about that information, figure out passwords 

How do I make my iPad secure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I send someone text can they see what kind iPad I have. I go into Settings , General, About. . there it tells me about what I have. 

Can he do something about that information, figure out passwords 

How do I make my iPad secure. 

No, they can’t. Device information is not sent with iMessage /SMS.

If you want to ask for detail then you would have to contact Apple and talked with a rep there as iMessage/iPad is a service/product of Apple https://www.apple.com/ca/privacy/features/

Dinh,  ok, it must of been what he said about  him getting into my iPad he can make changes in my text messages,  that freaked me out, thank you for reassuring me this can not happen,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dinh,  ok, it must of been what he said about  him getting into my iPad he can make changes in my text messages,  that freaked me out, thank you for reassuring me this can not happen,

If you believe someone is stealing your private information without your consent and you “have” evidence that he/she did, you could report to police.

Anyway,I would suggest you check your icloud account to make sure you had 2 factor authentication and follow best pratice on password and secuirty. Also, make sure you don’t fall into some hacker tricks. They sometimes sent text and/or email pretending they were Apple and ask you to enter your information yourself. It is a common hack, though.

Is there Text Error? I received different text  from someone, they asked question, ( client ) I replied, then they replied saying its Text Error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there Text Error? I received different text  from someone, they asked question, ( client ) I replied, then they replied saying its Text Error?

Well, if you saw strange texts from an unfamiliar number,  just ignore it. People can accidentally send message to stranger sometimes.