I picked up a BYOD Koodo monthly plan a bit ago with 500mb shock free data. (I normally rarely need cell data, am mostly in wifi zones). However, at the end of the month, I will be travelling to a location that has little to no wifi and will need more data then I usually do for my job.
I see the answer that was posted months ago that I'll get offered a 1GB increase for $20 automatically. If this is still the case, I have a few additional questions:
1. Is that 1GB additional onto the 500MB that I currently have? So 1.5GB total
2. Are there other amounts? or just 1GB for $20.
3. If I exceed this additional increase, will I get this offer again for another 1GB on top?
4. Will my plan drop back down to my normal bill and 500MB data at the next cycle?
If not, is there a way I can 'pre-purchase' a chunk of additional data so I don't pay $5 for 100MB? That would get expensive very fast.
Best answer by Goran
1. Yes 2. Yes but it's for a smaller amount and costs more per MB. 3. I've heard yes a few times and no 4. Yes No there is not. You can opt for a data only Sim from Fido for 3gb for 15 dollars if you need a lot more than a gb or two from Koodo.View original