Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Telus to Koodoo and keep my credit?

I have a Telus prepaid "dumb" phone and am looking to pickup an iphone from the apple store, I have $200+ on my prepaid account. Can I transfer this money to a monthly plan on Koodoo?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No they are completely separately run companies even though they are owned by the same corporation.
How disappointing! I hate to loose the credit, telus doesn't appear to have any good low-end plans for smart phones.
Userlevel 6
Kevin Tevington wrote:

How disappointing! I hate to loose the credit, telus doesn't appear to have any good low-end pla...

Why don't you buy your phone, use up the credit and then switch? Or does that take too long?
Kevin Tevington wrote:

How disappointing! I hate to loose the credit, telus doesn't appear to have any good low-end pla...

Well, the way I use the phone it would take about 2 years
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kevin Tevington wrote:

You have nothing to lose, pick up your iPhone from Apple and use up your Telus credit first... Sounds like a plan is overkill in your situation anyway 🙂
Userlevel 6
I agree, they should be able to transfer the credit since they're kind of the same company. Maybe some day.