Koodo Community
Solved

Telus or Koodo

Hi I'am getting a new phone but I dont which company to go with. Telus or Koodo. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 5
It really comes down to who offers you the better plan. Telus owns Koodo so the towers and coverage wool be the same either way. What kind of phone or plan are you looking for?
Well something that is cheap for a plan. But i'am thinking of getting the iPhone 5.
Userlevel 2
Well something that is cheap for a plan. But i'am thinking of getting the iPhone 5. Iphone is available from both providers, but cheap plans are only offered by koodo.
Well something that is cheap for a plan. But i'am thinking of getting the iPhone 5. The iPhone is available with both Telus and Koodo. But Koodo offers better plans and my opinion helps you more one on one if something were to happen then Telus does.
Userlevel 5
If you go with Telus, you can get the iPhone 5 for a discounted price but you will probably be in a 3 year contract, and forced to have a $50+ plan. Usually Telus' plans are not that great unless they are having a promotions. I recommend Koodo if you want to save more money however. You will have to pay quite a bit of money upfront for the iPhone 5 ($520 outright and then $150 gets put on your tab) but Koodo plans are a great deal. Also, if you trade in a phone, you get $25 in store credit, and if you get a Koodo Referral (Existing Koodo customer refers you with code) and you use it upon activation, you can also get a $25 tab credit as well. So you can receive up to $50 in store credit/tab credit overall which kind of basically means you only pay $470/$150 on the tab. It's still quite a lot but again, you save more money with Koodo plans. Also with Koodo, you get more freedom (no contact). But it all depends on your choice, usage and budget.
Userlevel 6
I signed a 3yr contract in 2003... then another one in 2006 and since I hadn't suffered enough damage already, I signed yet another one in 2009. And man, did all 3 contracts suck! Then 2012 came and I saw the light. Now I buy my phones outright, or if Koodo has a phone I like, I put it on the tab and save myself $150. Then I get a great plan that I like, and I'm not tied up to anything, except for my phone addiction. The way to go is to pay more upfront and get a nice, cheap plan. WAY cheaper in the long run, and way more satisfying! Don't fall victim to large phone subsidies. They'll come bite you somewhere dark in the end.
But i'am also thinking to go on prepaid, because i know that Telus has good deals on prepaid.
Userlevel 7
I would choose Koodo over Telus for prepaid because BOOSTERS never expire as long as you have a base plan. See here: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml Choose a "base plan" and if you like, add talk or text boosters. As long as you top up your base plan every month, your boosters will never expire. For example: So if you had the $15 unlimited messaging base plan + the $25 500 minute booster, as long as you topped up the $15 every month you won't have to top up another $25 for another 500 minutes until you actually use all the minutes! With Telus, you would have to top up every every month.
If I choose the $25 prepaid do I have to give my card or I have to buy the prepaid card. Also on the website they dont have the iPhone 5.
Userlevel 5
If I choose the $25 prepaid do I have to give my card or I have to buy the prepaid card. Also on ...iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy SIII - You have to get them in store. They are not available online. Once you purchase your device, get a Prepaid Nano Sim Card (For iPhone Only). Activate it, and choose your base plan and boosters. You can pay via online using Self Serve and use your credit card to top up your account. Every 30 days, you renew your base plan. In order to have service, you must renew your base plan (so make sure you have enough money in your account balance before your cycle ends). Also, you can purchase talk/data boosters. Even though you do not use them for the month, they roll over to the next month, so you keep them until you use it all; then you can purchase more boosters. Reminder though, you need to keep your base plan alive in order to have these boosters roll over. Koodo Prepaid is better than Telus Prepaid in my opinion.
Telus phones are better priced but koodo has cheaper plans me personally like koodo for there customer service they have.always treated me good.i havent been with telus in years but when i had them i fou.d they were always throwing in extra fees for no reason my.bill was always skyrocketing for usage i.never used .
Lets say that I purchased the Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) $15 for prepaid, how much minutes do I have. Or do I need to purchase one the boosters for talking.
Userlevel 5
Lets say that I purchased the Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) $15 for prepaid, how much m...You would have no minutes. You have to purchase Talk Boosters for that. I recommend getting the 500 Talk Minutes for $25. It's the best deal.
Lets say that I purchased the Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) $15 for prepaid, how much m...Prepaid is kind of useless in my mind. You're better off to just get a plan for 30 bucks a month. That's what my phone is and I have 150 anytime minutes and free after 7, unlimited text/picture, and 200 GB of data. Can't really go wrong there.