Koodo Community

Community

Solved

telus iphone4 data not working after switching to koodo

I switched my iphone 4 from telus to koodo. Text and calling began working right away my data is still not working after 48 hours. I have backed up and restored the phone, removed and replaced the sim card, checked that the carrier is Koodo 16.0. What else should I be trying? Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you go Settings>Cellular are you able to edit your apn settings? If so the apns need to be set http://mobilemasters.koodomobile.com/the-comprehensive-guide-for-bringing-your-unlocked-device-to-koodo/
Userlevel 5
Dennis wrote:

If you go Settings>Cellular are you able to edit your apn settings? If so the apns need to be ...

Apns cant be changed directly....it needs to be dont through itunes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

If you go Settings>Cellular are you able to edit your apn settings? If so the apns need to be ...

Userlevel 6
Actually on the Iphone 4 you can not set the APN, APN is for IOS 8 and up, you must do a reset of the network settings, go into Settings-general-Reset-Reset Network Settings.

Or back up and restore the phone on iTunes.
Userlevel 5
It is just iphones that you cannot directly add the apns. You said that you have done a backup and restore....have you been given the choice of syncing the phone to itunes. Dont actually do back up and restore but do a full stnc....this should add the apns. Otherwise i would suggest talking to tech support in case there is a data block on your account or to apple.
Thanks Dennis. I tried "reset network settings" but was (unknowingly) using the ONAVO app which needed to be removed before data would work.