Koodo Community

Telus iPhone 4s with a Koodo SIM?

• 27 March 2013
  • 7 replies

Looking at a Telus iPhone 4s. I currently have a Koodo Samsung Galaxy Ace. Will I be able to get my information transferred to a micro SIM and will it work in the Telus iPhone 4s?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe so Elle, I think even a locked Telus iPhone can be used on Koodo... but I'm not 100% sure so I hope somebody can confirm that!
haha me too, I've found the perfect Telus iPhone 4s, but I want to know before I buy it :s
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Elle, I'm still hoping someone will give you an official answer, but in the meantime, I found this thread: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/is_my_iphone_4s_from_telus_compatible_with_my_koodo_plan which hopefully helps you out as well 🙂 In the worst case scenario, you might need to have it unlocked... Edit: good news! Quote: Ashley Levy (Koodo Community Manager) 1 year ago [i]...you do not need to unlocked the Telus iPhone 4s. All you have to do is get a Koodo sim card. Best of luck! She'd know for sure 😃
Userlevel 7
Sophia, that answer still holds true. Furthermore, I'm personally doing it right now;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Personally using a Telus iPhone 5. I'm assuming that you're buying your 4S secondhand. In that case, just try your SIM in it before you part with your cash. The phone should work, and if it doesn't then it's either not a Telus phone or it's faulty.
Personally using a Telus iPhone 5. I'm assuming that you're buying your 4S secondhand. In that...I still have a mini SIM though, will it fit just to try the phone?
Userlevel 7
Personally using a Telus iPhone 5. I'm assuming that you're buying your 4S secondhand. In that...There are three different types of sim cards. There are regular sim cards, micro sim cards and nano sim cards. You need to use a micro sim card for an iPhone 4S. If you're not sure which one you have, you can go into a Koodo kiosk and ask them which one you have and they can tell you. If you don't have the right one, you can purchase a micro sim card for $10 and ask to have your 'information' switched to it for free so that you can use it to test the 4S.