Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Taking someone off your bill

I currently share my bill with another person, we are on two different plans under the same account. is it possible to take them off my bill? because I am moving so I do not want to have them on my bill.

24 replies

Userlevel 7
So you have a few options

Transfer ownership of the other persons phone to their own account if they can pass a credit check. Cost is 25$

Or

Pay off the tab (if any) and cancel the line.

Or ask the other person to port the number to the carrier of their choice or Koodo prepaid which will cancel the line (tab still due if any)
What if they do not pass a credit check? and Tab meaning the rest of their bill? or for the whole contract?
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

What if they do not pass a credit check? and Tab meaning the rest of their bill? or for the whole...

If they can't pass a credit check they can goto prepaid or just cancel the line. I'm assuming your leaving this person behind and giving them their phone. Did you want to keep both lines?
Sarah Hill wrote:

What if they do not pass a credit check? and Tab meaning the rest of their bill? or for the whole...

I guess I'll explain the story. So we got the phones at walmart, got a good plan, at first we thought we were actually sharing this 5g data unlimited talk/text line. But what the people did not explain to us is that I was ACTUALLY getting 2 plans under one name. The plans are 86$ each. for the first month currently. I don't want to take the phone from the person and what have you but now im stuck paying 2 bills for somthing we thought we were sharing. I am moving and cannot affored to pay 2 lines. I would love to continue my personal line but not the other persons.
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

You can cancel the other line for sure. Login to your self serve account and check for a tab balance That is the amount you'll owe when you cancel that line. You'll need to call in however to cancel.
Sarah Hill wrote:

If it's a contract would it matter?
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

Koodo doesn't have traditional contracts, wanna leave? pay off the device and you're done.
Sarah Hill wrote:

Ah see, we got the phones for free as a part of this promotion. so I doubt I have that phone paid off.
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

What phone did you get?
Sarah Hill wrote:

Iphone 5c.
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

Check your self serve account... Phones aren't really free. They likely set you up on a tab and subsidized the rest. Self serve will reveal all
Sarah Hill wrote:

Tab -345 oh gosh.. sigh... this sucks. If a deal is too good to be true don't take it. I feel I have learned my lesson. so I also have to pay off that tab before removing this person I guess?
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

Yeah so that's what you'll owe on your final bill for that line. You could sell the phone to help cover it.
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

No you can cancel their line and that's it but you're responsible to pay that off
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

Technically the phone belongs to you
Sarah Hill wrote:

Will it be small amounts monthly? added to the bill say 15$ extra a month to pay off that other phone?
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

That's what it is now.
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

You can also just suspend her phone as if it were lost but that would render it useless in North America, if you're worried about her screwing you over If she's a good friend and you explain / show her that you've made a mistake and need to sell her phone she should be understanding no?
Sarah Hill wrote:

Well time will tell and I'll put more faith in her. New to owning my own phone makes me a bit paranoid I suppose. Thanks for the advice
Userlevel 7
Sarah Hill wrote:

I hope everything works out the way you want it too. Difficult situation you're in, I feel for ya.
If the bill is in your name and you got the phone bill also in your name , you most definetly can take that person off your account, tell them that you are moving ,that you want that person removed from your account....
I sure hope so Evelina, should I call and cancel at the beginning of sept, and by tab do you mean their part of the bill or their contract price for however long
ok Im not understanding how do you get them off your bill, I currently have my niece on my bill, she is going on her own , she has a balance on tab , and I know she wont pass a credit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What's not to understand? Contact Koodo and have it separated. If she will not pass she I'll have to go to prepaid then. There is a process for limited spending that she could qualify for where 6 months of ontime payments within an agreed limit qualifies you for regular postpaid.