Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Tab vs Tab Plus with iPhone 6

Why is it that according to the website, if I take an iPhone 6 with the “normal” Tab at $414 up front + ($15x24mths) it comes to $774. But if I take it on Tab Plus, it comes to $100 + ($21x24mths) it comes to $604 in total for the same iPhone 6. This is a big difference that you end up paying over 24 months even with more money upfront for the "normal" Tab …
What is the logic behind that except the plans that are more expensive ?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Because the iPhone 6 is on sale on a Tab Plus and has an additional discount that isn't applied to your tab but just simply a discount. Tab Plus requires more expensive plans so you actually will end up spending more by the end on a Tab Plus with a Tab Plus plan.
Userlevel 4
you're gonna pay $15/month more for a plan on tab plus, so that's $360 over 2 years.
Userlevel 7
Danny wrote:

you're gonna pay $15/month more for a plan on tab plus, so that's $360 over 2 years.

Regular tab is (up to) $15/month. Tab Plus is $21/month
Userlevel 4
Danny wrote:

perhaps I'm confused.  According to Koodo's "plans" page, at least the way I read it, there are separate plans for tab plus only.

I mean the cost of the plan itself, not the money you'll pay that pays-down your tab

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans
Userlevel 5
Danny wrote:

You're right, Danny. On a Tab Plus, you have to choose from a Tab Plus plan and there is a $21 monthy Tab charge added on the bill.