Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching/unlocking iPhone 6 from another carrier

I recently bought an iPhone 6 outright from Bell, and I am thinking of switching to Koodo. I noticed that Koodo says they can't unlock iPhones from other campanies, so what can I do? Will Koodo work with a Bell phone?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The phone is compatibile but it needs to be unlocked first. You need to get Bell to unlock it for you. $50 If you do it from a 3rd party it will cost $100+
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

The phone is compatibile but it needs to be unlocked first. You need to get Bell to unlock it ...

You May have to be a customer of Bell for them to unlock it just like with koodo, so you may want to get it unlocked from Bell before cancelling your service with them or porting to Koodo.
Dennis wrote:

The phone is compatibile but it needs to be unlocked first. You need to get Bell to unlock it ...

Ok thanks. But for future reference I asked and they said it costs $50 dollars if you are a customer and $75 if you aren't 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Wow really, that's awesome. Thanks for the info Ashley.
And it will be no problem to keep my phone number even though it is pre-paid?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ashley Kelly wrote:

Just make sure you don't close your Bell prepaid account before as it needs to be active in order for you to keep your number. Koodo will close your account with Bell.
Ashley Kelly wrote:

Ok thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ashley Kelly wrote:

Anytime! If you have any other questions, someone's always here!
Ashley Kelly wrote:

I've ordered a unlock code from online and it cost me 11. 50 but when I got the email stating that the imei is clean and not blacklisted it still said it couldn't be unlocked does anyone know why this happened?
Userlevel 3
Ashley Kelly wrote:

What is the model of the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It should be no problem as long as you meet these criteria http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/moving-your-number-to-koodo-new/how-do-i-move-my-number-to-koodo