Koodo Community

Community

Solved

switching phones

If I were to update say from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5. And I bought the new phone from Apple, can I just take out the sim card and put it into the new phone?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you can, Except that the 4 uses a micro sim and the 5 uses a nano sim card. You would need to buy a nano sim for $10 and it should work 🙂
Dennis wrote:

Yes you can, Except that the 4 uses a micro sim and the 5 uses a nano sim card. You would need t...

okay thanks! I don't need to inform koodo that theres a different phone on the account or anything like that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Yes you can, Except that the 4 uses a micro sim and the 5 uses a nano sim card. You would need t...

No need to inform them. They dont care what phone you use or where you got it from. When you get the new dim you just need to switch to the new sim via self serve. You could switch back to the original sim to use the iPhone 4 if you want too. Just FYI, a sim card is permanently disabled if there is no activity on it after its been used
Dennis wrote:

thanks very much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

You're welcome 🙂