Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching iphones same account

Userlevel 1
I own an iPhone 5s from koodo and now I owned an iPhone 6s that I got from my wife and I want to switch them but keeping same number and same account. I want only switch the iphones. can I do this action? The iPhone 6 is locked in rogers. can Koodo unlock the iPhone under the new law effective on December? thanks for the reply. Alex

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No it must be through Rogers. If your spouse is no longer interested with Rogers you'll just need to get anyone who is with Rogers to request it. Otherwise just swap Sims and you're good to go. Make sure you don't forget to do the following: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201351
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You meant switching iphones only, while keeping same number and carriers?
Yes, you could switch, but you properly have to call Rogers to unlock Rogers iphone. I don't think Koodo can unlock phones that didn't belong to them.

Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

No it must be through Rogers. If your spouse is no longer interested with Rogers you'll just need...

I get my wife to unlock it from Rogers, then I just swap siim cards...does the siim cards are the same of do I have to buy a new one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

No it must be through Rogers. If your spouse is no longer interested with Rogers you'll just need...

That's right. You do not nee to get a new one.
Userlevel 1
I get my wife to unlock it from Rogers, then I just swap siim cards...does the siim cards are the same of do I have to buy a new one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

I get my wife to unlock it from Rogers, then I just swap siim cards...does the siim cards are the...

You could use the nanoSIM from the 5s, it should be fine.
Userlevel 1
Chappy wrote:

I get my wife to unlock it from Rogers, then I just swap siim cards...does the siim cards are the...

thanks, I'm going to do it, now
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

No, it will be free because of the new CRTC regulations
Userlevel 1
Chappy wrote:

Robert does it applies to Koodo? So can I take it to Koodo kiosk and switch it to my current plan
Userlevel 1
Robert is that CRtC applies to Koodo too?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chappy wrote:

Robert is that CRtC applies to Koodo too?

If your phone is a Rogers, you have to go to Rogers to get it unlocked. Koodo/Telus only unlock Koodo/Telus phones.