Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching from iPhone 4S to iPhone 5C pre-paid

I currently have an iPhone 4S with a micro SIM on prepaid with Koodo. I want switch to an iPhone 5C and bought an un-activated nano pre-paid SIM. How do I switch over and still keep me phone #/account? There is a feature called "Change SIM card" in my on-line account. Do I simply use this and enter new SIM, and my phone #, SIM # and account will transfer over to the new iPhone 5C?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes. Just enter your new Sim card# on self serve under change phone
Dennis wrote:

Yes. Just enter your new Sim card# on self serve under change phone

Thanks your answer was correct.
Userlevel 7
Also keep in mind that if you don't see service right away it just takes a few minutes to switch over to the new sim card. Otherwise you have the right idea when it comes to setting up a new card. No need to worry about anything account related changing, you're just simply switching a sim card. Just my two cents 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Also keep in mind that if you don't see service right away it just takes a few minutes to switch ...

Sometimes a reboot is required
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Also keep in mind that if you don't see service right away it just takes a few minutes to switch ...

Good point Dennis 🙂 Didn't think of doing that! Thanks for adding that in there.
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Can I switch back to my old micro SIM card # if something goes in the process?
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

You can switch back at any time. Keep in mind that when you deactivate a sim card you have 90 days before it gets disabled completely. So if you run into issues on day 89 you can swap the sim card on self serve and pop it back into the old phone.
Daniel Gunn wrote:

In other words, will be micro SIM become de-activated?
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

No problem at all 🙂 hope that helped.
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Thanks your answers were correct.