Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switching from Fido with 3 months of contract remaining.

My husband still owes $41 to fido (from 2 yr contract). If we bring over to Koodo, will they cancel contract with fido? Does his 4s need to be unlocked first?  Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The porting process will cancel the contract, and you will have a final bill with your outstanding amount owing including any sort of tab or whatever. His Iphone will have to be unlocked first. I suggest that he unlock it from Fido, as the 35 dollar cost (Ipresume it's the same for Fido as for Koodo) is cheaper than IPhones can usually be unlocked for by third parties.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

The porting process will cancel the contract, and you will have a final bill with your outstandin...

Fido charges $50. Still a decen value for IPhone unlocking.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

The porting process will cancel the contract, and you will have a final bill with your outstandin...

@nico if you are already with koodo don't forget to take advantage if our refer a friend program. https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you know anyone with Koodo if you don't have an account currently like Bernard said then ask them to refer you to take advantage of it. Alternatively I can do it for you 😃