Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switch to Koodo

I have an off-contract iPhone 4 that i'd like to move to Koodo. Do I just need a Koodo SIM card or must the phone be "unlocked" from the Bell Mobility network?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Terry, If the phone is through Bell it will need to be unlocked before it can be used on Koodo. Hope that helps 🙂
Userlevel 1
Here's some helpful information: http://support.bell.ca/Billing-and-Accounts/Security_and_privacy/My_mobile_phone_is_locked
Userlevel 5
Also, if you want to port (i.e. bring your existing number to Koodo) make sure you don't cancel your service with your current provider.
Userlevel 1
Peter wrote:

Also, if you want to port (i.e. bring your existing number to Koodo) make sure you don't cancel y...

I once switched numbers from Bell to Koodo, Problem is you have to give bell 30 days notice. So you wait till a few days toward the end of your notice with Bell to switch your number to your other phone. I made the mistake of not giving notice, and ended up paying for both phones at the same time for 30 days.
Userlevel 5
If you still have you original contract, see if this is mentioned (re: 30 days). This has happened to me with Rogers but as this was never signed off on me, I filled a complaint and had all charges reversed. Good luck!
Userlevel 1
Peter wrote:

If you still have you original contract, see if this is mentioned (re: 30 days). This has happene...

I never did complain. Looks, like I should have after hearing your experience, Peter. Thanks for letting us know that.