Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Switch City?

Today I chose a phone number but when I went to choose my city, it wasn't the right area code.  After further investigation I realized that other cities close to mine had the normal area code so I just chose one of them.  Now when some people call me it says that the call cannot be completed and when others call me it says that "long distance charges may be applied".  Is there a way that I can fix this?

Thanks. 
icon

Best answer by Philosoraptor 26 April 2016, 13:37

If you're not in their area code, then they'll get that message - because the call is long distance. The only thing you can do is to switch to their area code.

If they have unlimited long distance (or don't care if the call is long distance), tell them to save your number with +1 before the area code. That way, they won't get the warning.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you're not in their area code, then they'll get that message - because the call is long distance. The only thing you can do is to switch to their area code.

If they have unlimited long distance (or don't care if the call is long distance), tell them to save your number with +1 before the area code. That way, they won't get the warning.