Koodo Community

Community

Solved

swap phone plans between 2 Iphone 4's and both keep our numbers

my wifes plan has more minutes (500) than my plan (200) and I use more minutes per month than I have and she uses less than 200. I would like to swap plans and keep my number. I can change my number on-line to her number but then she gets the old beater phone. Is it possible to do the phone number swap and the switch sim cards - does the phone number follow the sim card?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the Sims fit in both phones yes you can simply just swap them. If not you can order a new Sim and change the line to the new Sim and then swap them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

If the Sims fit in both phones yes you can simply just swap them. If not you can order a new Sim ...

Will not allow you to keep the numbers though as they are attached to the specific SIM. Sorry for missing that in your post at the time of replying.
Chadwick wrote:

If the Sims fit in both phones yes you can simply just swap them. If not you can order a new Sim ...

Thank you. I just grabbed an add-on for $10 and boosted data and minutes... its always easier just to spend more money 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is no real way to swap plans the way you want. As I understand it,  you want:
  • Wife's plan - with your number, and
  • Your plan - with your Wife's number
It would be easier just to change the plans on each line to better reflect your needs. Or you could swap Phones, but then you spend a bunch of time getting your callers to switch to both of your new numbers.
Thank you. I just grabbed an add-on for $10 and boosted data and minutes... its always easier just to spend more money 😞