Koodo Community

Community

stolen phone

Ever since my phone was stolen I keep receiving strange calls from around the world as well as strange emails. I never was able to track it through find my phone and I believe the thief had my password. What else can I expect to happen? It is now blacklisted but I’m not sure if that means my data is still on my phone?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Pattgal,

Through find my iPhone you can erase all data on your stolen phone. Did you do that already?
Robert wrote:

Hello Pattgal,

Through find my iPhone you can erase all data on your stolen phone. Did you do th...

Yes I have erased it through find my phone but if it never gets online again they still have all my stuff right? Like my home address and contacts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Pattgal,

Through find my iPhone you can erase all data on your stolen phone. Did you do th...

Depends.  Was your phone locked with a password / patter / touch ID?
Robert wrote:

Hello Pattgal,

Yes but as I mentioned above I believe the thief had my password
Robert wrote:

Hello Pattgal,

Unfortunately it is a risk now. Try and talk to apple about potentially just making the device completely inactive. If I am not mistaken you can also change the password as well. One thing you should now do in the new phone, is the 2 Authentication Factor through iCloud. This is really going to help you if this were to ever happen again. Hopefully that helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was your phone locked with a password / pattern / touch id?
Userlevel 7
Did you report the phone as lost/stolen to Koodo?
Mathieu wrote:

Did you report the phone as lost/stolen to Koodo?

Yes I have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh you found your phone.

Did you report it stolen before those calls were made?
you might be on some weird call list.

No I have not found my phone. I bought a new one and got a new SIM card and kept my number. I am concerned that my old phone contents are still available since find my phone shows the phone has never been online since It disappeared therefore has not actually been erased
I lost it on the night of nov 11th. I know it is stolen because I have suspicious google sign in notifications on nov 12 so I have changed my passwords. But my bank card is still on it pending to be erased
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Change your email password first, so using forget password for other sites does not get sent to your email.

You can change your online banking password as well.

There is not much you can do but change your passowrds and maybe enable 2-factor authentication
Ok. My bank card does not appear to have been used. Just hoping Apple Pay dosent work offline?
The phone calls ring only once. If I answer it it hangs up. Nothing on the other line Creepy
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure to change your itunes/icloud password too