Koodo Community

Community

Question

Still trying to figure out what "Shock-Free Data" means. How much data is included??

My Main Question.   If I sign up for a plan with 500 MB of Data and 500 MB of Shock-Free Data then How Much Data Can I Use Before I Get Charged More ????  I can't tell if I get 500 meg or 1 Gig included.  Does Shock-Free mean that I start getting notifications that I'm at 50% once I use 500 MB?  Also - How do I make sure Notifications are turned on so I don't go over my data limit??

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The detail about SFD is here : https://www.koodomobile.com/datacalculator
They will send you texts for notification and stop data when you reach 100%. 

Userlevel 6
You'll also get notifications at 50% and 90% of your data usage.  Like Azure said you'll get a notification at 100% of your monthly data usage, saying that your data has been paused.  You could either choose to purchase more data, or wait until your billing cycle starts again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you plan is 500MB, you'll get to use 500MB, there's not 2 different type of data. You either have SFD plan or you don't. When you do, what was said above is true.
Robert wrote:

If you plan is 500MB, you'll get to use 500MB, there's not 2 different type of data. You either h...

It seems impossible for someone to answer the question lol.  What if the plan says 500MB of Data + 500MB of "Shock Free Data".  What's the difference??  Do they add up to 1 Gig or not ??  Every time I see something like this statement (especially from an operation owned by Telus) I assume that something weird is going on or they would simply say you get 1 GB of data with the following notifications.
Userlevel 3
Robert wrote:

If you plan is 500MB, you'll get to use 500MB, there's not 2 different type of data. You either h...

Your plan includes 1024MB total (1GB), the same applies to what was stated above. Notifications will be sent at 50%, 90% of your 1GB and your data will be paused when you reach 100%. They use the word bonus 500MB because normally the plan includes 500MB for $40 but data is being doubled due to promotion
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

It's 500mb+500mb bonus = 1GB. It's all shock free data.