Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Still sporadic services in Victoria BC

After 3 days I still have sporadic services in Victoria BC . 

I am not sure why my previous post was closed for comments . Do I have to open a new post from time to time for the same issue ? My problem is not yet solved .

Also , I received an email saying :

"We hope that you’re happy with the outcome of your recent repair request.For additional support, visit Koodo.com/ask today. 

All the best, 

The Koodo Team"

Happy with what ? The problem was solved for a few hours . The message I am getting on my phone , from time to time is NO SERVICE .

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Serpico, Do others around you have Koodo as their service provider and are they havibg the same issue? Is it possible your in an area with spotty reception, like I can get perfect reception and right down the road I get no service or very intermittent service? Also there are forest fires in BC right now on the west coast could this be affecting your reception right now
Could be any of them . But Koodo is very slow and defensive when you ask them if they have network issues in Victoria , BC . They continue nu negate any issues on their side .

Even though they will close this tread , as long as I do not have services I will keep posting .

If they cannot offer reliable services they HAVE TO admit that . If they have a problem they NEED to fix it .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
serpico wrote:

Could be any of them . But Koodo is very slow and defensive when you ask them if they have networ...

There is no reported network issue in Victoria. Reported from internal sources or from customers themselves. We have quite a few thousands of customers in that part of the country so there would be far more postings here and every other outlet if we indeed have a widespread issue. As a response to your Facebook message inquiry we have provided some possible alternatives why the connection may be weaker, based on the nature of the how wireless service work and what could affect them. 

After the last interaction with one of our rep it seemed the issue was resolved as text messages started to flow through. Hence the archiving of your other the post given the perceived resolution. 

At this point it maybe best to give us call again and log a ticket with out tech queue. I totally get how you might feel about that, but tech issues, like yours, are hardest to resolve online. 

serpico wrote:

Could be any of them . But Koodo is very slow and defensive when you ask them if they have networ...

Text Messages started to flow because as I said the service is just intermittent .

A ticket was logged on July 9th , 2017 . Today when I tried to find out more about it , the CSR ( Alex ) told me that Koodo has already reached a conclusion : not a Koodo issue . How was Alex able to see that ? He tried to log a new ticket  and was not able to do that as the first one was already closed with a conclusion on your side . My question is : why Koodo never informed me about that ?

I am not trying to resolve the problem online . I am just trying to show you how inconsistent , slow to react and not pro active are you .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
serpico wrote:

Presumably he looked at all the notes on the account, which have confirmed it multiple times (via the different reps you talked to) that there were no network issues during the period and every attempt to fix issue indicated the problem likely to be with the hardware, the phone itself or possible the SIM. Suggestion was made to visit a store and test out the SIM. If that indicates no problems, I'm afraid, it's a visit to Apple and checking the internal antenna as it was suggested on one of the calls with us. Looks like the current phone we are talking about wasn't purchased through us based on the serial number I'm looking at. Apple could deflect the issue, but that would be no help to you and I would push them for a thorough test.
serpico wrote:

You did have an issue in the area . On Friday July 7th that was confirmed to me by your CSR . The iPhone was bought from Koodo in November 2014 .In less than a year I had to ask for a replacement . No idea what are you talking about . Some of the notes under the account are pure fabulation of your CSR .Ways to avoid the problem and to pass the issue . What is clear is : the quality of the customer service received so far is very low . When you pay for one of the most expensive wireless services you expect one of the best customer service . Which is not the case .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
serpico wrote:

You are telling us your phone is still not operating as you'd expect. Despite no current network issues. This still suggests a potential hardware problem. 
serpico wrote:

How many CSR / supervisors called me to see if I still have issues in the last 6 days , since I first reported the issue ? 

This would be a good example of quality customer service . 

Passing the problem from you to Apple and back , does not solve the problem .
serpico wrote:

If the iPhone's antenna is the issue , how come I have no problems connecting to a WiFi network ?

Apple has performed a test and everything is OK .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
serpico wrote:

Just to let you know but I've been with every carrier in Canada and not once have I ever had anyone call me to ask if issues are still happening so not sure you'll get the service your expecting with any carrier. Also Koodo is a mid tier brand their expensive brand is Telus with all the bells and whistles and public mobile is their do it yourself no customer service brand just for future reference. The reason you'd have no issue connecting to wifi but you would cellular signal would be because they work separately.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
serpico wrote:

The phone uses different radios and antennas for cellular and Wi-Fi. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
serpico wrote:

Exactly, Sorry would have been more specific about how they work separately but I was in line at little Ceasars and my pizza was being handed to me so I hit send to save it and meant to come back lol. Garlic bread was so good it made me forget I guess lol.