Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Slow Data speed

Just signed up with Koodoo and new iphone and data speed seems slow.Opening pages on a website on the internet, opening up messages etc on FB. Most times I show 2 bars then maybe goes to 4 bars, but still trying to open the stuff. Any help?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Whenever you get down to 1 and 2 bars on your phone, the speed of the connection will not be as good. That 1 and 2 bar indicates you have signal but not the best one. When in the 4 bar area, then you should have pretty good speeds, my webpages load within seconds when I'm in full bars coverage.
I do not get 4 bars very often. Should I contact Koodoo then? I am in the Peterborough area.
Userlevel 7
Nancy Wood wrote:

I do not get 4 bars very often. Should I contact Koodoo then? I am in the Peterborough area.

Take a look at the coverage map
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps
Make sure you are in the full service area when you have just the two bars. If you are in the perfect area, then give them a call. You should not use your Koodo phone when you call them as they will have you do some steps like taking the SIM card and battery out.
Thank you I will check and call them, because I did look at the map and I am in the perfect area. I will have to call from my office at work though.
By the way, is there something(s) in Settings I should have clicked on or off? Nancy
Userlevel 3
Hello Nancy,

Just make sure that you have the latest version of iOS (Settings-Software update). If the update is required, it’s recommended to make it on  Wi-Fi or while connected to iTunes.

If that doesn’t help or your device is already up to date, give our techs a call at 1-866-995-6636 (option 6) from another line to further investigate.

Thanks!