Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sim Only - Year Abroad in BC

Hi I'm doing a year abroad at UBC - I have (will have) a iPhone 5S from apple so open to any network and want to use it on koodo - does Koodo do sim only contracts, if so where can I find them Also I pay £15 for truly unlimited data, 5000 texts and 2000 min - is there any similar plans on price and contents in Canada?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes there is SIM Only discount of 10% off the price of your plan. Just go to a Koodo kiosk or a retail partner like Walmart, Future Shop, Best Buy, Mobile Shop ect and buy a postpaid SIM Card & they'll be able to set you up right there or you can take the card home and set up an account. No we don't have any unlimited data plans in Canada that aren't restricted to small area in only certain city's. Koodo has Canada wide plans available that allow calling to anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada & unlimited text to anywhere in the world from anywhere in Canada & a specified data amount. Go to this page to look at the plans available In BC https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html
Userlevel 5
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Yes there is SIM Only discount of 10% off the price of your plan. Just go to a Koodo kiosk or a r...

I think Koodo's plans are the best deal compared to other carriers in Canada. Unfortunately, Canadian cell phone plans are much more expensive.
Userlevel 6
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Yes there is SIM Only discount of 10% off the price of your plan. Just go to a Koodo kiosk or a r...

Then again rarely anyone can afford to buy their own places in England because housing prices are still whacked. So, this not such a bad country after all. And it doesn't stop there. Compare the prices of McDonald's or anything else and you'll be happy you were born here. 🙂