Koodo Community

Community

"SIM not supported", iPhone already unlocked

I have an iPhone 5s that was recently unlocked by the previous carrier(its been confirmed by them that the process is complete), and I now have a SIM card from Koodo. I've tried activating the phone with the sim card countless times but it just keeps saying "SIM not supported". I've tried erasing all data off the phone and restarting the whole thing, but it's still not working and now I can't get into it at all. I'm not sure what went wrong and am totally lost. What should I do?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'll most likely have to contact your previous carrier as this error should only appear when your phone is locked. Let them know about this error and they can look into it for you.
Allan wrote:

You'll most likely have to contact your previous carrier as this error should only appear when yo...

Oh, good idea. Thanks for the help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried restoring the phone via iTunes? Look for 'unlock iPhone' in Apple's support documentation.
David wrote:

Have you tried restoring the phone via iTunes? Look for 'unlock iPhone' in Apple's support docume...

Yeah, I did the "restore your device to factory settings" step(under 'Get Help'), but now my phone is erased and I'm signed out and can't activate the phone again unless I have a supported SIM card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Have you tried restoring the phone via iTunes? Look for 'unlock iPhone' in Apple's support docume...

Can you insert your old SIM card? I'm wondering if you have a faulty Koodo SIM card? Is there another you could try?
David wrote:

Unfortunately, no. This used to be someone else's phone and I don't know if they still even have the old SIM card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Then you next best option is to stop by a Koodo outlet and borrow a SIM there.