Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SIM card not working.

i just signed up for koodo's prepaid with my iphone, the woman at the koodo store said it would take only around 30 minutes to activate and it still hasn't activated. what should i do or could to do to make it work. also when i took out the sim card and put it back in it said "network restricted"

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It can take up to 24hrs but usually between 1 and 6hrs for your phone to become active. You can try to speed it up by doing the following. While the phone is on take out the battery and SIM Card for a minute or so then replace them and try it again. It will some times kick start it 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

It can take up to 24hrs but usually between 1 and 6hrs for your phone to become active. You can t...

Pulling the battery isn't really an option on an iphone, Kid. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It can take up to 24hrs but usually between 1 and 6hrs for your phone to become active. You can t...

I completely missed the iPhone, I think I read it as my phone all the time because this isn't the first time I've done it smh. Is there a way to do a power cycle of the phone by maybe holding down the Power button for a certain amount of time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can do a normal shutdown by holding the power button until it shuts off. You can also shut down a frozen phone by holding home and power until the apple logo appears. As a general rule, toggling airplane mode on the iphone does the same thing as a battery/sim card pull.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go to options->general->cellular and make sure that enable 3G is on.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi Stephanie, when you use your Self Service account, do you see the account status as "Active"?
Userlevel 6
There might have been a delay or error in the back end of the system. Or possibly the dealer slipped up and didn't complete the activation (human mistake). Either way you should call Koodo at 1-866-995-6636.
It says my card is missing or invalid, if I were to go back to the mall kiosk where I got the card, would he be able to help me, or should I call tech support? They said it would cost $5 if I could do this online, so I am asking here what they mean specifically.
I did remove and re-enter the SIM card, nothing happened. This is a Nokia Lumia 610
OMG I'm so pissed I got the phone registered with a Sim at 10am on thursday took all day to get it going like 9pm then worked til today at 11 now saying sim card not registered holy....off i go again to Koodo can't call them I have no phone urg!!!