Koodo Community

Community

Solved

SIM card not valid?? Now what

I unlocked my iphone 5 today ... followed the instructions about backing up, restoring, etc.  changed to my new prepaid Koodo SIM card and I get a message "Activation Required"  followed by SIM Not Valid.  It won't go past that screen.  What should I do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
SOunds like this is not a Koodo iphone and you unlocked it so you can use it with Koodo.

If that was the case, possibly your phone was not unlocked successfuly.  You need to go back to your unlocker and verify
Is there a way for me to verify that it is indeed unlocked.  It used to be with Rogers.  I called them today and paid the $50 to have it unlocked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sandra Regier wrote:

Is there a way for me to verify that it is indeed unlocked.  It used to be with Rogers. &nbs...

Did you get a message once you had completed the backup / restore indicating the phone was successfully unlocked?  If not, try it again with the Koodo SIMinstalled in the phone.

Userlevel 5
Sandra Regier wrote:

Is there a way for me to verify that it is indeed unlocked.  It used to be with Rogers. &nbs...

Hey Sandra,

Have you tried to insert a SIM Card as per the above suggestion? Did it work?

Keep us posted!
Sandra Regier wrote:

Turns our Rogers didn't realize that my iPhone had been replaced under warranty and they unlocked my old phone. After about 15 minutes on the phone to sort it out, they unlocked my current phone and everything works! Thanks for the help