Koodo Community
Solved

SIM card not activated?

I place the SIM card in the phone and it says no service and when I go into self serve it only shows the one phone.
icon

Best answer by David AKU 30 October 2018, 23:49

If it is an upgraded phone to replace an older one, it is expected that you will simply swap the Sim from the old to the new. If the old SIM does not fit the new phone, then you will need to contact Koodo to have them make the swap, or complete it through the self serve portal. You will need the old SIM in an operating phone to complete the task online.

View original

6 replies

Badge +4
Is this a new line that you ordered online and have just received? It sounds like the sim isn't activated. If it's a new line you have to wait for the activation email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It usually comes in at the same time as the SIM card. Usually the SIM card should be activated, but sometimes, if the SIM arrives early, the activation might happen afterwards.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it is an upgraded phone to replace an older one, it is expected that you will simply swap the Sim from the old to the new. If the old SIM does not fit the new phone, then you will need to contact Koodo to have them make the swap, or complete it through the self serve portal. You will need the old SIM in an operating phone to complete the task online.
It turns out they sent the wrong SIM card with the phone. Not sure what will happen now. Will I get the original sent to me or can they just activate the one they sent to me?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How have you determined it is the wrong SIM card? Have you contacted Koodo to confirm? If so, they should have stepped you through the correction process.
I did contact Koodo. They emailed me the number on the SIM card and it’s different from the one they sent with the phone. I sent them the number that I have. I’m just waiting for a response.