Koodo Community

Community

Solved

sim card doesn't work

My iPhone has been glitching and randomly just crashes and won't turn back on. So I'm waiting for my appointment for Apple to fix it and until then I wanted to get a sim card for my old iPhone 4 so I could have a working phone. Koodo made me purchase a NEW sim card and said they couldn't reactivate my previous one. So I paid the $10. The girl wouldn't put it in for me said I had to do it myself but she promised me it would work perfectly fine. I got home and the sim card doesn't work. Even tried it in another iPhone 4 and still it just says "No Service". It's 10:35 PM and I have no way of calling customer support and no way of fixing this... I need my phone working so I can go to work tomorrow! Please help!!!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try self-serve first, though I believe the option to register a different SIM was  temporarily suspended some time ago. Get onto Koodo's Facebook page in the morning. Send them a private message, which is like chat. The other day I had a rep on the line within 30 seconds. They should be able to handle your SIM switch pronto if it's not available in self-serve.

Userlevel 6
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Try self-serve first, though I believe the option to register a different SIM was  temporari...

Hey Ernest, no need to contact us! First, can you make sure that it's a postpaid SIM card and not a prepaid one? If it's a prepaid SIM you'll need to go back to the store. If it's a postpaid SIM card, log into your self-serve account and click on 'change phone'. Make sure that your SIM card is the one showing on your self-serve and if not click on 'New SIM card in my current phone' and update the info. Just an FYI, we can only reactivate SIM cards if they were used in the past 90 days on the same account. Let us know if it works!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Try self-serve first, though I believe the option to register a different SIM was  temporari...

Bob, you can again change the SIM card using Self Serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you registered the card using Self Serve? When you log in, scroll down to the bottom (under "other helpful links"), and select change phone. Choose new SIM card in my current phone.