Koodo Community
Question

sim card

• 5 October 2020
  • 9 replies

I ordered a new sim card in the mail and when it came i tried to use it my phone but it just kept saying no service. I have tried everything i read off google including taking it out and putting it back in with the phone off and then turning it back on and it still says no service. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a brand new customer or is this a replacement Sim?

i changed plans so i received a new sim card. i have been with koodo for awhile 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don't need to use a new Sim card if you're just changing plans or phones. Just use your current one.

Also a Sim swap must be done manually via self-serve anyways. If you get a nww Sim card Koodo doesn't transferyour line to it automatically.

so i should just not use the sim card they sent me and continue using my current one? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

so i should just not use the sim card they sent me and continue using my current one? 

If it works then it works! No need to do a transfer then. They just send Sim cards with phones by default

amazing thank you so much! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello,

Just like Goran said, no need to change the SIM if you only made a rate plan change. You can keep the new one as a backup in case you’ll ever have issues with the actual SIM.

All the best,

Helen

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why did you order a new SIM? If you changed to a new plan within the Monthly plan, there is no need to change your SIM. If you switched from a Monthly (Postpaid) plan to a Prepaid plan, you should use your new SIM and then activate as a new prepaid customer by logging in/registering to self-serve as prepaid.

Your current post-paid account will be closed once you port over the number, so you will  get a final post-paid bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why did you order a new SIM? If you changed to a new plan within the Monthly plan, there is no need to change your SIM. 

I agree with this question.  If all you did was change your plan on an existing line, how did you end up getting a sim?  This doesnt make sense.  Are you sure you didnt order a new line instead?