Koodo Community
Solved

Should i use the Old or New sim card?

• 18 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

I just got a new iPhone from Koodo online and am looking to set it up.  I put in the new SIM card that came with the new phone and got all my information transferred over from my old phone to my new phone but my number is not connected to my new phone, it is still on my old phone.  Do. I need to take my old SIM card out of my old iPhone and put that in my new iPhone for my number to connect to my new phone?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 18 June 2021, 17:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, if the SIM fits, that's is absolutely the easiest method to transfer your number 🙂

Will I lose all my old information from my old phone when I take out the SIM card? As soon as I put my old SIM card in my new phone will my phone be activated to work? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The SIM card looks after the phone number and data, but you still need to setup your phone. Since you already had an iPhone, all you probably need to do is login and it'll install your apps for you. Your old phone won't be erased, so you can still use that too.

Okay I switched my SIM cards and I have access to data now but my text messages are coming through as emails to my friends

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Okay I switched my SIM cards and I have access to data now but my text messages are coming through as emails to my friends

Go into your settings and make sure your iMessage is registered as your phone number and set as default for iMessage instead of your email