Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Shock free data not working

I phoned customer service in the summer to pay a bill, and the customer service rep offered me the no shock data. He said i would recieve notifications at 100% data usage and my data would automatically be turned off unless I opted to purchase more. This only happened for two months, and then I stopped receiving notifications at 100%, and now am being charged $10 or $25 for data usage in addition to my plan. I did not make any changes to my account, why is it no longer automatically turning off data to prevent overages?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Sarah, you are not on one of our shock-free-data plans. The plan you have is the one you have originally signed up for back in July of 2015. Our shock-free-data plans were only introduced this year. You are getting notification indeed, but your plan doesn't automatically blocks data. It tells you when you reach 90% then the next notification is when you spend $10 in data overage. You can certainly switch to one our newer plans online. A plan like yours comes with twice as much data nowadays, check them out here: https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans
Thanks for getting back to me. I know that I have the same original plan, but the customer service rep told me in June he would adjust my data to turn off automatically at 100% to prevent overages. It happened for two months then stopped and now I get charged for use overages without having made any changes to my account after speaking with the rep. I just feel confused as to why this happened and I've been charged a lot of money for data? I don't want to up the data in my plan - I just want it to turn off like I was told it would.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sarah wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. I know that I have the same original plan, but the customer servic...

Unfortunately on your plan data cannot be turned off like on the new plans. The plan I suggested cost you the same as the one you have right now. And you get more data. It's a win-win Sarah honestly.
Sarah wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. I know that I have the same original plan, but the customer servic...

Thanks for giving me the link. I'm on self-serve right now trying to change my account but the website is not working - I keep receiving an error message. My billing period is to the 5th of each month - is it accurate that if I'm unable to change it today and have to change it tomorrow my plan will be pro-rated and I will be charged the fee for both plans on my next bill? Just want to make sure I don't end up paying double fee's.
Sarah wrote:

Nevermind - it looks like it worked!