Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Shock free data is a joke!! More charges than ever!

I am very unsatisfied with the so-called shock-free data that does not work. I've been shocked more with this feature than when I was with another company that had no notifications or supposed shut off. This is the second time I have had overage charges (this time $45!) after only being notified I was 75% and 90%. The 90% was on my last billing day so thought I would be fine as they are supposed to shut it off once you're over. NOPE. Open my bill to find $45 data charges! I switched to Koodo because I was told they are the most affordable and have the best features. Such a scam.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jennifer,

Did you check if your notifications at 100% are active? If you don't have that on, data will not stop at 100%.
Robert wrote:

Hello Jennifer,

Did you check if your notifications at 100% are active? If you don't have that o...

No i did not check this as I was never told I needed to. When I switched to Koodo I was told I had shock free data and that it was already set up... I'm not even sure how to check that??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Jennifer, Robert above is right. And looking at your account at some point the block/pause feature was set not to stop. Send us private message on Facebook and we can give you more details relating to your account activity there, as this is a public forum. 
Bernard wrote:

@ Jennifer, Robert above is right. And looking at your account at some point the block/pause feat...

I have never set it to not stop. That is the whole point of having the feature... 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ Jennifer, Robert above is right. And looking at your account at some point the block/pause feat...

Please let us look at your account to and confirm what is going on. If you could contact us on Facebook we can do it there securely.