Koodo Community
Solved

Serial Number

Userlevel 1

Hi, I ordered a new phone through Koodo on the phone and received the customer service agreement on my account. On the customer service agreement, for the serial number field, it doesn’t match the phone serial number on the phone I received in the mail. Also, the SIM# doesn’t match the SIM card they sent. Shouldn’t my contract have a record of which phone and SIM they sent out? Seems a bit odd.

I want to be sure I didn’t receive a phone/SIM with any issues.

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 28 July 2021, 14:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can flag a Rep to check but I Imagine so long as it's the phone you got and it's still your phone number, that it would be fine.

Userlevel 1

If you could flag one that would be great. I’ve had some issues in the past with SIM cards and want to be sure there’s none going forward. Would it be possible to pm with the rep here?

Userlevel 1

Follow up question: when discussing issues here, do the reps have access to your account simply based on your account ID? I logged into my Koodo account  in order to post here. Would be pretty neat if so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you could flag one that would be great. I’ve had some issues in the past with SIM cards and want to be sure there’s none going forward. Would it be possible to pm with the rep here?

No, the private messages have to be initiated by the reps. You cannot directly message them. It is best that you continue to address your concerns here. Once a rep reaches out to you, you may speak with them privately. 

Follow up question: when discussing issues here, do the reps have access to your account simply based on your account ID? I logged into my Koodo account  in order to post here. Would be pretty neat if so.

They can search for it if you registered your account in the Koodo Community with the email address associated with your Self-Serve account. 

Userlevel 1

No, the private messages have to be initiated by the reps. You cannot directly message them. It is best that you continue to address your concerns here. Once a rep reaches out to you, you may speak with them privately. 

They can search for it if you registered your account in the Koodo Community with the email address associated with your Self-Serve account. 

Hmmm… I just logged into my koodo account, and the koodo account login is my email address. Does that count?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmmm… I just logged into my koodo account, and the koodo account login is my email address. Does that count?

If you signed up to the Community with the same email address, they should be able to find your account. In the meantime, I have flagged a rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you @MilkyWay 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Regarding the original question of serial number: I saw a similar topic in the forum. The customer then contacted Koodo and reported back that the phone serial and IMEI was registered normally. Everything was good for that customer. I guess Koodo had different serial number or something else to track the phone in your contract.

Userlevel 1

Regarding the original question of serial number: I saw a similar topic in the forum. The customer then contacted Koodo and reported back that the phone serial and IMEI was registered normally. Everything was good for that customer. I guess Koodo had different serial number or something else to track the phone in your contract.

Thanks for that @Dinh … I’ll confirm with Koodo rep and hopefully everything matches up and I’ll report back! Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @koodofan21

We have just sent you a PM, as we need to confirm some details, please check your inbox when you get the chance. Thanks! 

Userlevel 1

We confirmed the numbers matched. Thanks @Flo Koodo !