Koodo Community

Community

Seasonal hold plan, pay tab

Long story short, I had to report an old phone stolen and it was put on seasonal hold so I didn't have to pay the full balance right away. It's been over 6 months by now, and I've been saving money to pay it off. I went in to a koodo kiosk and the girl told me to go pay off my tab with self serve. The problem when I did that, it only paid off my current phone that I am using. I'm still getting charged for this other phone with extra fees. How can I pay it off properly and be done with it forever?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
So you are trying to payoff the tab and close the account. It is simple, you just need to tell Koodo to cancel that line, Koodo will send you the final bill with required payment for the Tab. To contact Koodo to cancel, you need to call 611 or send messages to facebook.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's only one tab per line. You couldn't pay off one phone only to have a other to pay off still. What other fees are you referring to? Do you have multiple lines in your account? Otherwise just call in to cancel immediately and you'll get a final bill. You will have to call 611 to cancel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you get a second phone on another account/line?

When you get another phone on a tab, you need to pay off your original tab (which would be the stolen phone).  Unless you opened another line on the account, while putting the first line on seasonal hold ($15 per month)?

When you log onto self serve, do you see 2 lines?
You need to select the line that is on seasonal hold
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

When you get another phone on a tab, you nee...

Considering you have 2 lines, it'S most likely that you paid the wrong phone. If that's what you did, then you would need to contact Koodo i order to sort everything out. Also, why put it on season hold and not just cancel the line. I'm confused about what exactly happened after you got your phone stolen.
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

OP wanted to delay the tab buy-out. Still paying more money to carrier in the long run, but the post suggests that they didn't have the money ready to pay off the tab at the time in one shot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I'd rather put it on credit. 15 a month for a couple hundred bucks is much higher than 20% per annum even.
Dennis wrote:

Titaniumtux is correct, I didn't have the money to pay it off right away. It started with an ex that needed a phone, I put her under my name and she never paid me for it. So I wanted to cancel it, I reported it stolen, and put it on hold since I couldn't afford to pay off a brand new iPhone right away. (in case you're wondering, yes this is why she's my ex lol). To be fair, I should've learned way earlier how to budget better. But I will call 611, thank you!
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

Agreed with @Goran and empathize with @Bryan Tero
Better to borrow on a line of credit or better yet on a balance transfer card with a promo rate (usually for 6-12 months) and buy out the Koodo phone as soon as possible under these circumstances.