Koodo Community

Run around trying to setup a Payment Arrangement... Frustrating to no end.

So I am trying to make a payment arrangement on my account that is 6 days past due. I call into customer care and they keep telling me that since my account is not close to being suspended or whatever they are unable to place the arrangement on my account. Why is this always the deal with Koodo Mobile? This has happened every time I have needed to make a payment arrangement. I try to be proactive to ensure that my account is not suspended and then all of a sudden, as I am unable to pay my full bill all the time, I am being told that I have to just call in at a later date, but they don't give me a timeframe. I am really getting tired of the run around when I try to make arrangements to keep service active... Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this just me that it is happening to?

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Hello sir, Thats very unfortunate, that should not be happening. I suggest you come to a koodo shop and pay it there. You need a credit card to pay there though.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment management department will not be able to make payment arrangements with you... For example, let's say that your billing cycle closes every 30th, and the due date on your bill is the 25th... You account will be on a past due after the 30th, so technically the day after your account will be in a past due if Koodo has note received the payment and you will be able to make those arrangements... I know what you mean that you want to settle this, but if your account is not on a past due, there is no point on those arrangements... Tell us a little bit more, like for example the due date on your bill and your billing cycle, do you already have a past due from previous bills? or it was the scenario I described above?
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...Alright, so basically what your telling me is that as my bill was due on the first of April, but my account billing cycle didn't restart until the sixth of April, even though on the site it says the account is past due but it really isn't past due? Does that really make any sense to you? I appreciate you giving me the run down, but it still doesn't make it any easier to make arrangements. My situation is that I have a bill of 61.88 that was due on April 1. My billing cycle reset today April 6, I am trying to make sure that my account is not suspended, and I do not trust the Koodo system in sending me any type of SMS messages saying that I am close to being suspended as I have been suspended before in the far past and wasn't warned about it... So that is why I am trying to be proactive in the protection of my account from being shut off...
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...Ok... The due date is always a couple of days before the billing cycle because some method of payments take some days to reach Koodo (let's say online banking 3-5 business days) but let's say that even if your due date is the 1st and the billing cycle closes the 6th, you can make a Credit Card payment on the 6th and you won't be late since the payment gets into the system right away, even if the due date was the 1st... So as long as the money is on Koodo's side before the billing cycle closes, you are fine... From what you said, I get that you are on the CLP (Credit Limit Program) and your account will be suspended when you reach 200$, if your current bill is 61.88$ and you don't pay today, the only way that the system can suspend your account is if the next bill that will be ready tomorrow is more than 138.12$ (61.88$ + 138.12 = 200$)... I understand that you don't want to be suspended, if you are not on the CLP program, it takes more than one bill late to be suspended... I hope this helps, if it is not clear yet, please, let us know so I can elaborate more...
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...Alright. Well I am not on the CLP. Haven't been for the past couple of years but thanks for the info. I am just like I said earlier a little frustrated with the whole situation. I am just going to keep calling in every day until the arrangement is made.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...Cool... So as I said, if you only have a bill for 61.88$, you can call tomorrow when your billing cycle starts to make those arrangements, I will recommend you to call in the afternoon since there will be some updates on the systems in the morning... Koodo will be more than happy to give you some time to pay that bill and set your arrangements... 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...Poor wording. The account is past due as soon as the due date is past. Payment management can't make arrangements until the account is delinquent, which will be several days past that.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...Timo... so explain why if you pay by CC on the last day of your billing cycle the account never gets to delinquent status? or if you pay before the billing cycle ends there are no late payment charges?
Userlevel 4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...The account needs to be in a "delinquent" status for arrangements to be made.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...There are late payment charges as soon as the account is past due. They are waived if the payment is made before the due date but posts after. The account does not become delinquent until after the start of the next billing cycle because that's how koodo defines a delinquent account. Past due means past the due date, therefore by definition if payment is made after the due date, the account is past due.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...Good definition Timo, but I think you did not get my point... If the payment gets to koodo before the billing cycle closes, the account was never delinquent, the account never incurred in late payment charges even if the payment was made after the due date shown on the bill... again, as long as gets to Koodo before billing cycle closes... 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...Perhaps you missed what I stated earlier, so I'll repeat it: ANY BILL PAID AFTER THE DUE DATE WILL INCUR LATE PAYMENT CHARGES. I don't understand why you believe you can pay the bill up to 5 days late and not be charged, since this is not indicated anywhere in Koodo's policies.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...I think we are going in circles here anyways... I've seen many bills paid after the due date but before billing cycle closes by CC and there was never a late payment charge... Perhaps I am wrong, but that is what I have seen...
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...Let's play nice and stay patient folks. Thanks.
Badge +4
Hi there... The thing is, that as long as the account is not on a past due, the payment managemen...I agree with Timo's initial comment regarding past due accounts. I think the confusion here is the actual due date of the bill and the five days leading up to the start of the next billing cycle. A payment arrangement cannot be made during this five day period because the account is not considered delinquent, however payment is considered past due and late charges will apply. As Timo explained, if payment is received a day or two before the due date but gets posted after the actual due date, late charges are dropped (that scenario has happened to me on occasion). If you were to make payment one day before the start of the next billing cycle, the late payment fee would still apply. In order for one to make payment arrangements, the account would have to go delinquent and one would still be responsible for the late payment charge.
Can I just get a MOD to mark this as Answered please? Just so it can lose the drama that it has apparently started. I was only asking to see if other people have had this issue, and some have, but I have my answer now. Thanks.
Badge +4
Can I just get a MOD to mark this as Answered please? Just so it can lose the drama that it has a...No problem and no drama, we're just here to help, glad you've resolved the issue.