Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Roaming - No Service even though we got the text package

My wife and I got the $15 international text package on our Koodo iPhone because we were going to Barcelona, Spain. Lo and behold, we get here and all we get is "no service".  

Airplane mode is deactivated, like it should be, so that's not the problem. Turning it on and off changes nothing.

Rebooting the iPhone changes nothing.

We try to go beyond "automatic" for the carrier and pick one, hoping that will work. Nothing. Go back to automatic and nothing changes.

I've looked online at Koodo's website and cannot, for the life of me, find the $0 international add-on that's supposed to enable the texting service even if you're not interested in voice stuff.

Nothing at all will connect even though the cell networks here are supposed to work according to Koodo's list.

I also can't make a phone call for help because we don't have cell service.

If this isn't going to work, because it should work, I want my money back even if it's only $15 (we haven't even been here for twelve hours yet). But there's not even an e-mail address I can complain to (without paying a $10 fee for it).

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you turned on roaming in the settings of the phone

Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Have you turned on roaming in the settings of the phone [img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.ne...

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes. On or off, it doesn't work (and it's off on my mother-in-law's cell phone and she can still receive SMS texts, which is what we want).
Oh, and my mother-in-law's iPhone (same model -- iPhone 5s) works fine, though has a different provider with a similar text package.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try the instructions at this link to find the location of the needed Add-ons
David wrote:

Try the instructions at this link to find the location of t...

Thanks, but that's no coming through as a hyperlink for me, unfortunately
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Try the instructions at this link to find the location of t...

!@#$%^  input screen.  Here's the link!
I'm now on koodo self-serve on my iphone and I've found were it says International Voice Roaming and I press the buy button and then it states no financial data found???
Hi all! Problem solved. Managed to find the $0 international package online and we now have access.

Thanks for everybody's help. 🙂