Koodo Community
Solved

Return Policy

• 9 December 2019
  • 10 replies

Do I have 15 days to return my phone? Or do I have a month? I’m seeing two different answer online. 

Also, I purchased this online, can I return it in store? 

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 9 December 2019, 11:40

Phones purchased through the webstore must be returned to the webstore. As long as you request the return within the 15 day window you will be allowed to return it though.

View original

10 replies

Just looked through my contract they sent me, as I recently made an online purchase as well.. here’s the return policy from that:

Is there a trial period?
If you're not satisfied with your phone or the service, you can
return the phone for a full refund and cancel the service within
15 days of the start of your service. You won't be charged for
the service unless you've used more than 30 voice minutes or
50 text messages or 50 MB of data. Over those limits, we'll
only charge for the number of days before cancellation, based
on your monthly plan, plus any pay-per-use services used. If
you're a person with a disability, this trial period is extended to 30
days and the usage limits before charges apply are doubled. The
phone must be returned in near new condition with the original
packaging.

Contacting Koodo
We're here to help. Got a question or issue? Visit koodo.com/
help. You can also manage your account online, at koodo.com/
selfserve. If you are entitled to a refund for incorrect billing,
Koodo will credit your account within 30 days.

Hope this helps! :)

Oh and also, I'm certain you can return the phone in-store. Don't see why you couldn't...as long as you provide proof of purchase.  You can always call your local Koodo store and ask :)

Just looked through my contract they sent me, as I recently made an online purchase as well.. here’s the return policy from that:

Is there a trial period?
If you're not satisfied with your phone or the service, you can
return the phone for a full refund and cancel the service within
15 days of the start of your service. You won't be charged for
the service unless you've used more than 30 voice minutes or
50 text messages or 50 MB of data. Over those limits, we'll
only charge for the number of days before cancellation, based
on your monthly plan, plus any pay-per-use services used. If
you're a person with a disability, this trial period is extended to 30
days and the usage limits before charges apply are doubled. The
phone must be returned in near new condition with the original
packaging.

Contacting Koodo
We're here to help. Got a question or issue? Visit koodo.com/
help. You can also manage your account online, at koodo.com/
selfserve. If you are entitled to a refund for incorrect billing,
Koodo will credit your account within 30 days.

Hope this helps! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Phones purchased through the webstore must be returned to the webstore. As long as you request the return within the 15 day window you will be allowed to return it though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We’ve actually just updated the online return policy to 30-days, but Timo is correct that the return must be processed through the web store, and not at a physical store location, @hellojamiee.

Can I return a tablet I got in a Koodo shop 3 weeks ago

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The return policy for shops is 15 days

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Did you buy this from a Koodo kiosk?

We’ve actually just updated the online return policy to 30-days, but Timo is correct that the return must be processed through the web store, and not at a physical store location, @hellojamiee.

Hi there! I bought my phone in the online shop because of the 30-day trial period (I won’t be home to receive my phone for another 1.5 weeks, but went ahead and ordered, as I wasn’t sure how long it would take to ship). I was just sent a Koodo contract via email that lists a 15-day trial period from the time of activation (not sure if the phone is active on Jan 1st when I purchased it, or, it arrives in the mail today - Jan 6). Should I contact a representative to have my contract updated? The terms online are clear and have been around for over a year, Ranjan’s comment would indicate (copied below). I am not sure why the online terms are not in my contract - 15-days seems to be the in-store terms.

Thank you! Jill

Returns & Exchanges:

If you aren't happy with your new phone, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of the purchase date. To do so, email us to request a return or exchange, and we'll provide further instructions. The phone you're returning must be in its original condition with all its original packaging and parts. Once we've accepted your return, we'll refund the appropriate amount to the credit card you used at the time of purchase.

Note: Online purchases from the Koodo Mobile Webstore cannot be returned at Koodo shops or retail partners. Purchases from Koodo Shops and retail partners have their own return policy; any items purchased from a store must be returned in-store.

Badge +4

Hi there! I bought my phone in the online shop because of the 30-day trial period (I won’t be home to receive my phone for another 1.5 weeks, but went ahead and ordered, as I wasn’t sure how long it would take to ship). I was just sent a Koodo contract via email that lists a 15-day trial period from the time of activation (not sure if the phone is active on Jan 1st when I purchased it, or, it arrives in the mail today - Jan 6). Should I contact a representative to have my contract updated? The terms online are clear and have been around for over a year, Ranjan’s comment would indicate (copied below). I am not sure why the online terms are not in my contract - 15-days seems to be the in-store terms.

Thank you! Jill

@Jill Connell When purchasing online, your phone is activated on the date of purchase. The contract should reflect the 30-day return period for online purchases unless I’m missing something. 

What is your HFO order number?

You have several options. Send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or a direct message via Twitter. The links to both appear in the black banner at the bottom right of this page. Scheduling a callback through koodo.com/chat is another option. An email to Koodo’s webstore might be able to shed some light on this question as well. Be sure to include your HFO order number in your message(s).

koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com.

Thank you, rikkster! My two HFOs are below. I also sent a message to the koodo.webstore email.

Upgrade Order Confirmation. Order# - HFO28746093

Order Shipment Confirmation. Order# - HFO28746093

Jill

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also FYI while it does indeed say that, realistically Koodo will start the clock on returns from when you actually received it to the day you request the return to the webstore.