Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Replace my Lost iPhone 5c

I lost my iPhone 5c last night and I am fairly certain that I will never find it. I want to replace my phone with another 5c and I suspended the service on my old one. If I get a new 5c will my account transfer over to that one, or will I essentially be paying for two phones? If so, how do I go about transferring to my new phone so I am not paying for my lost one?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Mac,

You will need to go buy a new SIM card for the iPhone, but once you have the new iPhone you can transfer the account to that new SIM card in self serve and keep using your iPhone as you always have!
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Mac,

You will need to go buy a new SIM card for the iPhone, but once you have the new iPhone ...

Thanks dude!
Userlevel 6
To answer your question about paying for multiple phones;

You will only have to be paying for one line of service, it's just the phones themselves that need to be paid for.

If your first iphone was on a tab, then when you jump into the new phone you will have to pay off your tab balance on your next bill, and basically start a new tab for the new phone.
Or you could buy the new phone outright and continue paying off the old one.
Either way, you're going through 2 phone, so 2 phones will have to be paid for somehow.