Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Repair iphone 4s

Does koodo repair jack connection (where the earphone plugs) and if yes, how much would it cost? (iphone 4s)

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is the phone still under warranty? You can bring it to a Koodo kiosk either way and they will send it away and get back to you with how much it's going to cost. Nobody can say how much it will cost because it depends what has to be repaired normal replaced.
It's not under warrenty and I only want to repaird the place where you plug the earphone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

It's not under warrenty and I only want to repaird the place where you plug the earphone.

Take it to a Koodo kiosk and they will send it away to be repaired. like I said nobody can say how much it will be, you'll have to wait and see what they say when Koodo sends it away.
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

I don'T want to send it before I know the price, I could have a very bad surprise...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

that's the only way to know sorry. You can send it away and before they fix it they will call you and tell you how much the repair will be. just specify that when dropping it off.
Userlevel 5
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

I can tell you the price. Koodo will send it to Apple. An out of warranty swap (Apple replaces the whole phone) is $169.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

Is that just if you bought apple care or for any person with an iPhone?
Userlevel 5
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

My understanding is any person with an iPhone, although they draw the line at catastrophic damage, and wont do it if someone unauthorised has made repairs to the device (new back/battery/etc.). I also believe liquid damage is sometimes covered. Best way to know for sure is to go to the Apple store of course (as they stock the replacement phones in store, inspect your phone while you wait, and do the swap over the counter) but since Koodo orders the replacement from Apple and just does the swap for you it's a very similar setup.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

Wow that awesome, I guess as long as it's not physical damage then you can do it. I finally like something about Apple lol That hurt to say lol
Userlevel 5
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

I went looking for a bit more information. This explains the process better. http://images.apple.com/legal/terms/docs/iphone_ars_oow_na_en.pdf For pricing (there's more tiers for each device it seems) go here, click warranty and service pricing and it's the bottom one. This page is more informative than the above PDF. http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Canada&product=iphone Oh and Kid Physical damage IS covered (again as long as it's not catastrophic, or you got someone else to take it apart and try to fix it). We've been telling you for a while Apple's warranty/repair process can't be beat 😉. Even under warranty they just replace the device rather than repair/return.
Userlevel 6
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

Hi there, just an additional info: Koodo does not handle repairs for iPhones. We would redirect customers to an Apple store or the Apple Customer Service over the phone: http://koo.do/WQ37a0.
Userlevel 5
Anthony Duhaime wrote:

Perfect thanks for clarifying even more Yannick!