Koodo Community
Solved

Recover Txt Messages from Old Number

• 3 July 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I changed one of the cell telephone numbers on my account recently. Now I want to go and find out text information on my old cell telephone number in Self Serve but I no longer have access to this information. I changed the telephone number in June, but I want to see Txt information for this old Cell number for the past 4 months. Whether it is just telephone number txt info, date and time etc.. and if at all possible the texts themselves as well for the past 4 months that would be great. How can I get this info?
icon

Best answer by Dennis 4 July 2019, 00:37

You would need to contact Koodo and they may be able to dig up the text usage history. If you require content, that would require a court order.

I recommend sending them a private message via facebook or twitter
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It should still be on the phone that received them.

In self serve under usage, do you not see an option to change the date to an older period?
The txts were deleted on the phone. When I go to my account I no longer see the old phone number that was assigned to that phone. I only see the new phone number. Under usage for the new phone number I can see the txts but only from the date that the new phone number was assigned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmm.... in that case it may be lost. May I ask what you may need them for?
Personal reasons. But if I am not able to see the txts from this previous phone number, why can't I at least see the usage on this old phone number like I can see with the current number. I was able to see it before I changed the number, and thought that I would still be able to see it after I changed numbers, but of course wouldn't see any new txts in the future.

Would I have to change this new number back to the old number, hoping that it is still available, so that I can see the past txts on it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh I understand what you are seeing on self serve and the lost history when you changed your number.

Note that the usage history would only show a date and time stamp and the number from which the texts were sent and received. If the number of texts are received in a short number of time they are grouped. No content is ever shown in the usage history.

Are you looking for just the date and time stamp with number, or were you looking for the content as well?
It would be a bonus if I could see the content, but if I can't then I would definitely want to see the date, time stamp and telephone number who sent and received the txts and if it was a txt or photo that was sent or received. This is what we are already able to see is all of that except for the content as it stands right now. But would be awesome if I can see the content of each.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would need to contact Koodo and they may be able to dig up the text usage history. If you require content, that would require a court order.

I recommend sending them a private message via facebook or twitter
Thanks. Contacted them.