Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Questions about plans

Hey!
I just had a couple quick questions before deciding the best company for me
I was wondering if the 1000 LD minutes included calls to the states?
As well as unlimited messaging, does that include America too?

Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Ashleigh,

The bonus 1000 international minutes does not include the US but it does include UK, Mexico, China, India, to name a few.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Messaging from Canada to anywhere in the world is unlimited.As far as the International minutes the US Iisnt one of the eligible countries your able to call, all countries included are overseas.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Messaging from Canada to anywhere in the world is unlimited.As far as the International minutes t...

What about receiving calls from America, is there a charge for that?
and what does unlimited evenings and weekends include?
Userlevel 6

Messaging from Canada to anywhere in the world is unlimited.As far as the International minutes t...

Incoming calls are international but if they call during the day before 5PM Mon-Fri, and you don't have unlimited calling it will use your minutes. After 5PM-8AM mon-fri and weekend, incoming calls are unlimited international 🙂

So if i was looking at the tab large, 74$ plan for example and i made a call/received a call from the states before 5pm on a weekday there would be a charge?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It has unlimited minutes which means no incoming call will cost you anything so lon as you are in Canada. Also here is the full list of countries covered in the LD minutes: India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Italy, Mexico, Australia & Taiwan.

Thank you all for your help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And koodo is offering "U.S. Unlimited" Add-on for $10/mo.
If you are looking at a plan with unlimited minutes, then this add-on should work well for you.

Side note.
If you are looking at the tab large, 74$ plan because you want to buy a phone, I would recommend pay a little extra upfront and  take Tab Medium plan.
(You should calculate and compare how much you will pay in the end in total.)
Tab L $74(3GB + Unlimited min) for 24 months + phone cost
Tab M $65(3GB + Unlimited min currentry with promo)for 24 months + phone cost.