Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Question about Talk boosters/add ons

I'm considering switching to Koodo and purchasing their prepaid base plan of $15/month, which supposedly includes unlimited text messaging. My question is, if I were to add on a talk booster, such as 100 minutes for $10, does this $10 automatically subtract from my $15 base plan and thus I would continue paying only $15/month for unlimited text AND 100 minutes, OR does the $10 for 100 mins count as extra, making it a new balance of $25/month? 

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Neither. The $15 base plan covers unlimited text and picture messaging. Any boosters you purchase for text or data will last until you use them up, as long as you keep paying the $15 per month to keep the base plan active. 
Just to be clear, I would be paying $25 total to start (for base plan and talk booster) and then continue $15/month and only pay an additional $10 for 100 minutes once they expire? In other words, the talk boosters don't expire every month?
Userlevel 6
Dani wrote:

Just to be clear, I would be paying $25 total to start (for base plan and talk booster) and then ...

That's right. Also, if you top up automatically (with a credit card or Visa debit) Koodo will give you 100 minutes for free, and also a credit of $1.50 every month. If you think you're going to use more minutes, you may want to buy the biggest booster ($25 for 500 minutes) to reduce the cost per minute. You can use accumulated credit to buy boosters.
Dani wrote:

Just to be clear, I would be paying $25 total to start (for base plan and talk booster) and then ...

Are the 100 minutes free every month if every top up is automatically through a credit card, or is it only for the first month/time?
Userlevel 6
Dani wrote:

The 100 minutes are a one-time deal. The $1.50 credit is every month. Sorry for the confusion.
Dani wrote:

Gotcha! Thanks for all your help, Ray. I think I'll be switching to Koodo! :) 
Userlevel 3
Dani wrote:

Hi Dani, when I switched  to Prepaid, there was a $20 credit immediately that paid for the sim. I got the $25, 500 minute of talk and the $20, 500 MB of data. So the initial start-up cost was $60 plus tax. Because I signed up for the automatic base renewal, there is 100 free talk minutes, as Ray said. The talk minutes and data balance roll over every month until you use them as long as you top up every month the $15 + tax, you never lose them. You need data to send and receive MMS pictures but it doesn't delete from your data. Google,  Koodo Prepaid Plan and you will find all the info to answer most questions. If like me you use the talk minutes for emergency or the odd call and turn off data, they last. Text messages are unlimited. Also like Ray said you get $1.50 credit every month that you can use to buy top ups when you accumulate enough $. I was lucky enough that the young lady at the Koodo kiosk at the Mall in Brantford set everything up for me and explained the deal to me.
Dani wrote:

Thank you Fred C! :)