Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Question about extra data charges for 0 MB of data.

Question about extra data charges. Was charged $10 extra for data, when I click on the breakdown on the billing the only overage charge is $5 for 0.00 MB of US data roaming when I had my data turned off the entire time in the US. For starters; why am I billed $5 for 0 MB for starters and then charged $10 for this? Is this a common problem?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Leanne, on page 3 of your invoice you will see a detailed breakdown of the usage charges. What I can is that there is $5 for roaming text messages  and $5 for roaming on the same day when you were in the US. There less than a MB of data usage so your phone must have connected to data for a very short period of time somehow. The data use is not zero though, we wouldn't bill you for that.  
I have this same issue.  Have been charged $5 for 0.00mb of US data. 

This should be refunded.  By Koodo's own system, they are telling me they are charging me $5 for nothing.  0.00 is nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Jenkins wrote:

This should be r...

There often seems to be a leakage of 1X data when connecting to US cellular network, often on the order of a few KB. This gets recorded as greater than zero, but less than 0.00 MB. 1X data or EVDO data was common in the days of CDMA, phones, and is still a legacy on some carriers in the USA. You likely got caught in a data handshake when your phone connected to a US network. In my opinion, Koodo should be trapping these tiny amounts of 1X data, and excluding them from a bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Jenkins wrote:

This should be r...

@Mike Is the account under your name? And in what province? I wanted look at your account to what happened. 
Mike Jenkins wrote:

This should be r...

It's under my girlfriend's name.  How can we communicate privately?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Jenkins wrote:

This should be r...

Sorry for the delay Mike! Your girlfriend would have to call us for further details.