Koodo Community
Solved

Purchase phone without the plan too

• 9 August 2020
  • 4 replies

I would like to purchase a phone from Koodo at retail price, but it looks like I need to get a plan as well in order to do so. I am already happy with my plan with public mobile. Any way I could still purchase the phone without switching my plan? How long would I have to stay with Koodo’s plan before I could switch it back to my old one?

icon

Best answer by Goran 9 August 2020, 01:08

No you wouldn't unfortunately. What phone are you trying to get? Koodo's retail prices are inflated 100-400 dollars. Frankly I'd buy anywhere else unless you plan to switch ti Koodo on some kind of good deal.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No you wouldn't unfortunately. What phone are you trying to get? Koodo's retail prices are inflated 100-400 dollars. Frankly I'd buy anywhere else unless you plan to switch ti Koodo on some kind of good deal.

Thanks for the response. I was hoping to get the iphone SE for $460. Do you think I could get the plan and then cancel immediately? Not sure where else to purchase a newer phone for a decent price. Did you have any recommendations? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The iphone SE for $460 is Certified Pre-owned.

You could sign up and cancel. But it means you have to go through credit check,  few days of service fee depends on how long it will take to deliver to you and then you actually have to contact Koodo to cancel.( You can't cancel service through self serve.). It kind of big hassle.

It will be $599 if you buy a brand new SE from Apple. Yes, it's more expensive( $140 more), but brand new. (Pre-owned is ok. Nothing wrong with it. I have bought a few pre-owned phones before)

Do you have any friends, family member or co-worker with Koodo? And ask them to buy a phone outright for you?

Thanks, that helps.