Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Problems with account

This is the second time I've had a message that my account needs to be topped up or it will be deactivated. I've signed up for automatic top ups so don't understand why I'm getting this.
Last time I called Koodo and they said it was a mistake on their end. I just sent them another email. Anyone else have this happen? Hope this is not the shape of things to come...

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello iPad. We can not verify what's happens to your account since we are normal customers. I think you would need to call in again
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello iPad. We can not verify what's happens to your account since we are normal customers. I...

Best to call in. Plan expiry and deactivation dates seem out of step.

I have some accumulated 10% bonus in my balance for being on auto top-up, and at the end of each month, I do get a more friendly sounding "Just a heads up, your base plan is about to expire" text message, then another one a few days later confirming the auto top-up has been done.

My balance has never been zero, nor have I let the baseplan lapse. It's also an Android phone.
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Hello iPad. We can not verify what's happens to your account since we are normal customers. I...

It is seeming that it is just Koodo getting a little ahead of themselves. I had the same thing. This warning came up the night before my auto top up was to take place.

Robert wrote:

hi Robert, what's a "normal"customer? I have pre-paid top-up 
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

ipad, he means that we are all just koodo customers on here. Once in awhile a koodo employee will pop in, but, mostly koodo customers.
Although, there are Mobile Masters on here as well. They too are regular customers, but, have a more in depth knowledge of the ins and outs of the phones and plans.
Hope that helps.
Robert wrote:

thanks for the explanation, and to all the helpful normal customers 🙂

Userlevel 2
ipadfsj.
I just had the same thing happen to me. If you are on auto top up, don't worry about it. It will auto top up, and the warning will go away.
I am assuming that your plan is scheduled to top up overnight?
Brian Paul wrote:

ipadfsj.
I just had the same thing happen to me. If you are on auto top up, don't worry about it...

yes Brian, actually I just checked and it has topped up, but with a message like that you're left wondering if it's a harmless mistake or if it actually triggers an account closure
Userlevel 2
Brian Paul wrote:

ipadfsj.
I just had the same thing happen to me. If you are on auto top up, don't worry about it...

Yes ipad, I had the same fear a couple nights ago. I actually did post on here asking the same question as you.
Maybe this should be put into an idea?
Brian Paul wrote:

ipadfsj.

I also emailed Koodo, I would hope it would trigger an idea to fix the problem, doesn't appear to me that it should be that complicated to solve