Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Problem with porting phone number to Koodo

I recently purchased a new iPhone and plan with Koodo. I initiated a porting of my old mobile number from Rogers to Koodo. It is now over 3 days, and it seems that the porting is only partially successful. Has anyone had this issue, and, if so, how were they able to successfully resolve it? Some additional details:
1. I have powered off/on my new Koodo iPhone, as suggested by in some other posts
2. I have not called Rogers to cancel my old plan (I understand that this will happen automatically, following the porting)
3. Currently, when someone calls me on my old mobile number (the one I am porting from Rogers to Koodo), both phones ring (my old Rogers phone and my new Koodo phone).
4. When I call out from my new Koodo phone, the recipient sees my ported (old) mobile number - this is the only part of the porting that seems to have worked fully.
5. When someone texts my old mobile number, the text comes through on my old Rogers phone
6. When I text from my new Koodo phone, the recipient sees my new Koodo phone number (which I am hoping to replace)

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Porting happens in stages. What you are experiencing is not uncommon. It should straighten itself out in another few hours.  Each segment (voice, text data) is effectively a separate port, and the computers do not always transfer al the information across the network at the same time.
Thank you for the explanation; it makes sense that each "segment" is a separate port. I was concerned because it is now 4 days later, even though the Koodo rep said it may take as long as 48 hours. I'll wait another day or so before contacting Koodo directly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lawrence Tsuji wrote:

Thank you for the explanation; it makes sense that each "segment" is a separate port. I was conce...

It normally takes up to 48 hours but extenuating circumstances can make it take upwards of a few days more in som cases. Tomorrow will be 5 days later but I don't believe much actual porting happens outside of business days so it might technically be the end of day 2 today. In either case it would then be a day past 48 hours quoted or 3 days past and it'd be worth it then to contact directly as advised
Userlevel 2
Lawrence Tsuji wrote:

Thank you for the explanation; it makes sense that each "segment" is a separate port. I was conce...

How long did it take to get the porting resolved?