Koodo Community
Solved

Prepaid usage shows unknown calls made

I am using Koodo prepaid. Why does it show that I have called 587 588 4002 when I have made no such calls.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
I believe that's the voicemail access # for your area but I could be wrong.
Jonathan I wrote:

I believe that's the voicemail access # for your area but I could be wrong.

Thanks Jonathan. Any idea why my cell should automatically call this number and why should be charged for such calls.
Badge +4
The 587 area code is for Alberta, if that's where you're located. Voicemail access numbers typically end in 4001, 4002 or 4003, depending on which voicemail server you're assigned to.
rikkster wrote:

The 587 area code is for Alberta, if that's where you're located. Voicemail access numbers typica...

Thanks Jonathan. Any idea why my cell should automatically call this number and why should be charged for such calls.
rikkster wrote:

The 587 area code is for Alberta, if that's where you're located. Voicemail access numbers typica...

Sorry, rikkster!!!
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If you have a baseplan that includes free (local calling) evenings and weekends after 5 or 7 p.m. and you're calling before those times to check voicemail, then Anytime minutes will be deducted for that call. Calling after 5 or 7 p.m., while not necessarily practical, will not affect your Anytime minutes. https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans If you're baseplan doesn't include the evenings and weekends feature, all calls made are chargeable and Anytime minutes will be deducted.
rikkster wrote:

Actually I have not called at all. Since my plan charges for all calls made, these get charged to my account 😞
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If someone calls and you don't answer, it goes to voicemail. These calls show up as outgoing calls in your usage history, but they should not decrease your booster minutes. If they do, call customer service and complain.
jesse free-mclean acer chromebook-c710

Userlevel 3
jesse wrote:

jesse free-mclean acer chromebook-c710

Hello Jesse, 

Let us know if we can help with something! 

Thanks!