Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Prepaid SIM card does not work, no signal and popup "No Service"

Prepaid SIM card does not work, no signal and popup "No Service". And my account is actived now and everything is ok from the Selfservice page. And I have tried the SIM card on another phone which is work well with fido card, but unfortunately, it didn't work. So this is not the problem with the phone. So I am looking for help here. Thanks

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Trence,

Are both phones originally from Fido? Their is possibility that they are locked to Fido/Rogers' network.
No, both of the phones are unlocked when they were purcheased. And my phone is iPhone 4s, running with the ios 8.4
And btw, the carrier is Koodo 20.1
Userlevel 7
Have the phones ever worked on the Koodo network?
Mathieu wrote:

Yes, both of the phones worked very well with the sim card which is Koodo network obviously
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

So this same SIM card used to work?
Mathieu wrote:

Yes, exactly! That is why I feel surprised when it stopped working
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

I'm going to assume your turned the phones off when you swapped the SIM card around, so I'll recommend you go to a kiosk and purchase a new SIM card.
Mathieu wrote:

No, your thinking was wrong. The truth was the sim card stopped working firstly and after that, I tried to switch the sim card to another phone which is in perfect condition. Not because I swapped the sim card around again and again.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Okay, and since you turned the phone off, removed the sim card, put it in another phone, turn that phone on, then turn that phone off and take the sim card out, put it back in the original phone, then turned that phone back on. I am going to recommend you go to a kiosk and purchase a new SIM card or contact customer service.
Mathieu wrote:

Ok, I will do that, thank you very much. And if I call for customer service, which number should I call?
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

1 (866) 995-6636
Mathieu wrote:

Thank you
Mathieu wrote:

Strangely enough I have the same problem as Trence. There seems to be a problem with the SIM cards Kodoo is providing. Please help me out here. What will it help when I call the given number? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Was it working before?
Have you try turning power off and on?  And/or taking a sim card out and put it back then restart?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your sim card does not work on any phone.  And other sim cards work on your phone, chances are that your sim card has been damaged.