Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Prepaid data charges

Three people in my family have prepaid plans on iPhones with Koodo. I just noticed that every night between 12 and 1am, we get charged for data usage, all three of our phones. From small amount to over 100 mb. We are at home sleeping with wi-fi. Anyone has logical explanation??

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Plug the phone at night. The iPhone goes to sleep and it is not connected to a power source, WiFi will turn off.
Cameron Jones wrote:

Plug the phone at night. The iPhone goes to sleep and it is not connected to a power source, WiF...

Not sure I understand your comment. Our phones are plugged at night, always.
Userlevel 6
Cameron Jones wrote:

Plug the phone at night. The iPhone goes to sleep and it is not connected to a power source, WiF...

weird, have you tried turning off mobile data in the settings??
Userlevel 6
Cameron Jones wrote:

iPhone disables wi-fi in sleep mode. That's when the network takes over. Just turns your data or phone off for the night.
Userlevel 6
Cameron Jones wrote:

Your wifi connection dropping could also be a culprit here 🙂
Cameron Jones wrote:

It would be quite unlikely that wi-fi drops every night, around the same time. And what does iPhone do at night? Goes on internet and FB by itself?? Every night almost at the same time, all three phones... no, this is not on my end. This is Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Cameron Jones wrote:

So people are telling you that your iphone is shutting off its wifi connection while it's charging. Which used to happen with android. I believe iOS6 did this without including a way to stop it. Maybe time to upgrade your iOs?
Userlevel 6
Cameron Jones wrote:

It's not koodo, otherwise it would be happening to a lot more people. I know it's easy to point the finger at them, but almost guaranteed that apple is the culprit here.