Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Porting 2 numbers at once...

I am about to juggle some numbers between phones and I'm wondering if it matters how I do it. I am going to port my current koodoo mobile number over to my new work mobile phone (I don't own the plan), and I am also going to port my land line over to my koodoo phone. I'm wondering how to do this smoothly. If I port my current koodoo number over to my new cell first, will I effectively cancel my koodoo account? If I port my land line number over to my koodoo mobile, will I lose "posession" of my current koodoo mobile number?
icon

Best answer by Peter 24 September 2014, 18:17

Hi Valery, Only 1 number can be tied to 1 SIM card at the time. Also, you have a unique situation and I'm not entirely sure what is the best way to proceed. Technically, once you port your number, this effectively cancels your Koodo account (and conversely, if you port your landline number to Koodo first, you would 'lose' your current Koodo number). Your best bet is to call customer care and get their opinion. Maybe they'll have to activate a temporary secondary SIM card (under your current account) so that you can port out your current Koodo number first and then port in your land line number after. Let us know if it works out. Cheers!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Hi Valery, Only 1 number can be tied to 1 SIM card at the time. Also, you have a unique situation and I'm not entirely sure what is the best way to proceed. Technically, once you port your number, this effectively cancels your Koodo account (and conversely, if you port your landline number to Koodo first, you would 'lose' your current Koodo number). Your best bet is to call customer care and get their opinion. Maybe they'll have to activate a temporary secondary SIM card (under your current account) so that you can port out your current Koodo number first and then port in your land line number after. Let us know if it works out. Cheers!