Koodo Community

Community

Solved

poor signal on 3g/ LTE iPhone SE 64gb

Userlevel 2
When I first bought the iPhone SE was happy but soon as I took home and noticed the phone had poor 3g/LTE signal strength compare to my older phone 4s and older Moto g3/ I'm very disappointed this phone is so expensive and quality sucks and I have already swapped it for another SE same thing. And to mention my wife also has the same phone and Same thing no now is this a hardware issue with the entena with these phones or software? Plus friend has iPhone 6 and we tested and compared it to the SE in my home and his signal stayed strong on LTE and mine dropped to 3G ? Koodo care to explain ??? Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
iPhones are notorious to show "lower" signal via the signal counter on the top of the phone. Sometimes mine shows 1 bar and I can call perfectly. Has it affected your call quality or calling abilities?
Userlevel 2
Of course it has and data 3g on all 3 iPhone SE I have tried but iPhone 6 was fine
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ricardo,
    You have made a number of posts about your dissatisfaction with the signal strength of the iPhone SE, including referencing a number of phones which, in your opinion and experience show stronger signal strength. Possibly it is time to switch to one of those phones, rather than expecting Koodo to fix something which appears to be a hardware issue.

I believe you are still within the 15 day return window, and suggest you take advantage of that opportunity to acquire a phone which you will be more satisfied with for the long term.

Userlevel 2
Why sell a phone that is not fully working with Koodo G3/LTE ?
Userlevel 5
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Hello Ricardo,

As mentioned by David, all our phones are covered by a 15-day Money Back Guarantee (http://koo.do/Jc3k7s) that allows you to return a phone if you are not fully satisfied. With that being said, resetting network settings on an iPhone usually helps. You can visit this link: http://koo.do/1Bf3grB to see the troubleshooting steps recommended by Apple, if you can't make/receive calls on an iPhone.

Please note that many factors might affect the signal strength, most of issues are temporary. However, if you experienced a recurring one, you may contact our Technical Support directly as a live discussion might be the best way to guide you through more advanced troubleshooting steps and log a ticket if necessary.

We look forward to assisting you! 
Userlevel 2
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Okay tell me this . How many dots of reception should I have when I'm on 3G at address - 55 forest maner Rd , north York , when outside
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

NO ONE can answer that question as each phone, and geographic are can effect the outcome. Buildings, trees, walls, ponds, ANYTHING can change the answer. Sorry