Poor signal by the tower ...

Low signal

14 replies

I have iPhone 7, 5SE, iPhone 4 and 4s all having the same issue outside my
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello

How can you know you're near the tower?
CP rail HO are 2 KM away from my house and the telelcommunication tower is by their HO in Calgary , I can see it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
badr Zowayed wrote:

CP rail HO are 2 KM away from my house and the telelcommunication tower is by their HO in Calgary...

You can see the towers surrounding your location at this website. The one you are looking at may be Rogers, as they have often associated with the railroads for infrastructure.

badr Zowayed wrote:

CP rail HO are 2 KM away from my house and the telelcommunication tower is by their HO in Calgary...

Thank you dfbuff! i checked the location and the Telus tower close to my got only 2 frequencies, lynnview road SE in Calgary is at the end of residential area over looking a ridge so there will be no further development of houses ( the old refinery)  
Userlevel 1
Hi Badr,

Is the signal weak even when you're outside ? 

Keep us posted ! 
Yes it's the signal , it was never like that about 2 month ago ...
Badge +4
Give customer service, tech support a call, (*611, option 6), when they reopen. Explain your situation and ask if there are any issues with the tower that services your area.
Thank you rikkster! my partner did that a week ago ....it led to nothing with CS. Hence, i'm posting things here so i can get better action or results to this issue. 
Badge +4
badr Zowayed wrote:

Thank you rikkster! my partner did that a week ago ....it led to nothing with CS. Hence, i'm post...

You're welcome, Badr. Do you recall if CS put any kind of note on your account pertaining to this problem, or did a technician issue a ticket for the network outage? If you still can't get results through CS, another option is to send a private message to Koodo's Facebook page. Please keep us posted.
Userlevel 6
badr Zowayed wrote:

Thank you rikkster! my partner did that a week ago ....it led to nothing with CS. Hence, i'm post...

Hey Badr! I do see that you spoke with us on the 20th.  The representative called you back after doing some changes through his tools and it seems that you confirmed that it was working better therefore no ticket was logged.  If you're still experiencing the issues please contact them back to advise them and additional troubleshooting will be done.  As much as we would like to assist you through our Facebook page we don't have the same tools that our technical support team has and they will be better off assisting you further. Thanks! 
Userlevel 1
I had issues in the past and it turned out to be the phone in part. There are dead spots sometimes. When i had the problem Koodo said they would send someone to check the. Tower they never did as i would check the tower location and there never were tracks in the snow
Thank you for your feedback! It for sure not the phones.. I have a bb for work , iPhone 4,4s ,5SE and the 7 all the same time

And that's from outside